What is Plastic Doctor Blade ?
Doctor blade system is employed in various printing and coating machines including printing，coating and laminating machines.
This is because doctor blade system maintains superb control functions. At Fuji Shoko，we have been working toward the development of soft type doctor blades that are compatible to all of printing and coating processes.
Here we introduce Plastic Doctor System
created after conducting repeated material testing and investigations and reviews on the strength，adhesiveness，thickness, hardness, shape and costs.
We have a large selection of products and offer newly developed the Hi-PE and Hi-POM series in addition to the existing PET-S，PET-D and Hi-PET series. Select the best suited product for your individual needs.
PET-S, PET-D series (Thickness of 0.35mm series)
Hi-PET series (Thickness of 0.6mm and 1.0mm series)
Hi-PE series (Thickness of 1.0mm and 1.5mm series)
Hi-PE (Thickness of 2.0mm)
Hi-POM series (Thickness of 0.8mm, 1.0mm and 1.5mm series)
Types of blade edge shapes
|It has a sharp edge which is approximately 90 degrees.|
(Parallel edge type)
|K-150, K-180, K-200, K-250, K-300
5 different sizes are available in a standard thickness of the blade edge(A). These are 150μ, 180μ, 200μ, 250μ and 300μ.
(For PET-D, only 100μ is available) Others can be individually manufactured.
(Triangle edge type)
A standard thickness of the blade edge (A) is 100μ. The edge angles are 13 degrees and 45 degrees. Others can be individually manufactured.
(An angle and a thickness of a blade can be changed to suit your indivdual needs.)
Functions and Features
- Softer than iron, and adhere tightly to cylinder, which prevent leaking ink from ink chambers.
- Contribute to drastic wear reductions and extension of useful lives of components such as anilox rolls, gravure plates and coating cylinders.
- A certain ink removal function is maintained during long run printing by taking advantage of excellent shape, softness and elasticity of blades.
- Suitable for uniformly controlling the amount of flowing liquid such as water-based and solvent ink and coating materials.
- Unlike Metal Doctors, they are easily handled as they resist rust.
- They are safe to handle and prevent accidental injuries.
- Ink and coating materials are easily washed up.
Physical and Chemical characteristics
Plastic Doctors are well suitable for organic solvents and oils and fats and have a high degree of resistance to acid and slightly alkali solutions.
However, they are deteriorated by strong alkali solutions.
The rough relationships are listed in Table 1 below.
Plastic Doctors have excellent heat resistance and can be stably used up to the following operational temperatures.
Hi-PET: Up to 150 degrees
Hi-PE: Up to 120 degrees
Hi-POM: Up to 140 degrees
|Slight Acid / |
|Strong Alkali||Not Good||Oil and Fats||
Table 2 Melting Points
|Hi-PET: 263 degrees||Hi-PE: 132 degrees||Hi-POM: 166 degrees|